Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where have you gone New E-Poetry?

This is a brief pause in our current dialogue to ponder the title question: Why aren't there any more recent e-poetry in the last few years?

Maybe this question is being truncated already by an underground effort to mainstream e-poetry? I'd like to think so, but the question keeps rising in my head when I look at collections of e-poetry with dates of 2004 or older.

I admit, I had some expectations for the e-poetry world. The concept seemed completely incredible and fascinating. It has real potential and many scholars believe this as well.

I decided to search through the net jungle and prove myself wrong. Yet, in the research I have completed for the blog itself… I want to say that Google search has some kind prank glitch, but this can't be the most recent or best matched listing.

And criticism or evaluation e-poetry can't be taking a break on this or this year

I think my argument is this: why isn't e-poetry much larger than a few well hidden links to a few authors. Perhaps this is just a transition phase. Is e-poetry acting out its teen rebellion by going underground?

Is there going to be an answer to all these questions?

No.

Or, not exactly; there is some current activity in the forefront for e-poetry: I [heart] E-Poetry

The Barcelona Festival is holding its 5th annual festival to celebrate digital poetry.

The best way to showcase this event is with the 2007 E-poetry festival: [click me!]

As you can click-see the festival has been and will be extremely digital friendly. American and other foreign universities have contributed in terms of papers or works that will be presented. This year they had over 120 works submitted to the festival for presentation.

Yet, despite this festival, there is barely more current information than courses at universities or other works [why not have a digital poetry convention in many other countries?]

We can argue about the accessibility of internet and its resources. Yes, the whole world isn't necessarily connected.

Yet with other areas or art in the internet much more developed…

[Wait-I just need a minute to update my Twitter/Facebook page]

E-poetry has hit a drag.

Perhaps E-poetry isn't as easy as updating FaceBook, or requires some more HTML elegance than MySpace when creating it. It may just be easier to grab a pen, paper, coffee, a muse and write a poem than to open up Notepad and/or Photoshop to create a dazzling digital work of art.


 


 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment